Yes, enterprise mobile app development has thrived its way to the year 2017 too. Why need enterprise mobile apps is out the question now. With the expansion of the mobile industry, the demand for enterprise mobile development has continued to increase. Statista says that smartphone users will grow from 4.6 billion in 2016 to 4.77 billion in 2017. The growth has compelled enterprises to design a robust mobile strategy and mobile expansion plans.
Now that it is evident why need enterprise mobile apps, it is critical for every organization to have a thorough understanding of the top 2017 strategies for enterprise mobile app development. Let’s have a look at these strategies:
One major issue with which organizations are struggling these days is building mobile apps which apply to most of the mobile devices. Organizations are going to continue adopting the BYOD policy. This mobile dilemma can be solved by moving the apps and the data to mobile cloud servers. What is going to be the benefit of this? It will become easier for all mobile users to access apps and their data on various mobile devices. Integration and synchronization will be required so that the apps can support multiple platforms. That’s not the only benefit; the cloud will also help mobile developers to use tools for building, integrating, testing and launching of the mobile apps.
Mobile App Security
This strategy is going to make its way to 2017 too. The ratio of which mobile devices are being used and the number of mobile apps that are being downloaded each year is on the rise. This trend has increased the risk of security attacks too. Think about it, why need enterprise mobile apps that don’t even offer basic security? App developers need to develop more effective mobile apps that come with safety protocols. Organizations should work on designing effective strategies for enhancing security features within the mobile app.
Mobile Automation Integration
In 2017, manufacturing industries will have to embrace mobile automation. Manufacturing industries are cashing on the benefits of adopting smart devices like wearables, smartphones, and tablets which come with problem-solving apps. The manufacturing industries will take advantage of the operation features. This trend is a breakthrough in the manufacturing industry. Mobile integration will enable options like pulling out the status information, getting push machine notifications and more. The manufacturing industry will gain the flexibility of providing action information to its key users no matter where they are located.
Here is something that explains why need enterprise mobile apps? How can we forget about IoT? It is going to continue gathering attention throughout the globe. This is the reason that mobile developers need to innovate more. Whether it is home or business, IoT, is spreading everywhere. It is already being used in industries like Healthcare, Automation Systems, Energy Efficiency and more.
Devising a comprehensive enterprise mobile app strategy is important if an organization wants to improve its business standards. The mobile app strategy should not just be about managing the mobile devices, but it should also be about searching for the key solutions to render the business services quickly.
Best Practices for Enterprise Mobile App Development
Here are some best practices for devising and working on why need enterprise mobile apps:
- Define End Goals:Enterprises make the mistake of focusing on designing an app without thinking about app development. It is important to find out what you wish to develop and why you want to develop it. Other questions that you need to think about is can the app improve the efficiency of your employees or will it help in engaging your customers? You simply have to define some goals and outcomes before you think about app development.
- Mobile App or Mobile Website? The CIOs of the organization need not to just focus on why need enterprise mobile apps, they must also consider whether they want a mobile app or mobile website? A mobile website can run on any device and any browser, but when it comes to a mobile app, you have to download and install the app on your mobile device. The app should be platform specific. You need to chalk out all pros and cons and then figure out which option to go for.
- App Portfolio: It is not just important to focus on why need enterprise mobile apps. There are other things to think about too.No matter what type of app you are working on, you first have to identify the mobile opportunities and then prioritize them. There are some things you need to list down for defining an app portfolio. These things include identifying an objective process, prioritizing the features, aligning the features with the goals, and determining app initiatives for adding value to your business.
- Updating the Application: After figuring out why need enterprise mobile apps, defining goals and prioritizing the portfolio, the next thing you have to work on is updating the app. A fully experienced team is required to work on updating the app. You also have to fix the bugs for improving app security and improve the efficiency of the app by updating it regularly.
- Data Management: A robust app can only be built if you can manage the data efficiently. Data management is surely a crucial part of enterprise mobile app as it helps the employees increase the work productivity and enhance customer engagement. Other than this, data protection cannot be ignored because you simply cannot run an app that is exposing the sensitive date of the company.
It is pretty clear now that we need enterprise mobile apps. As we are marching into 2017, organizations cannot ignore mobile users. They are increasing day by day, and if you don’t tap these users, you will fall behind your competitors. New trends and best practices are going to emerge in the mobile market as we progress into the New Year. If your enterprise is planning on expanding the mobile platform, or implement a new mobile strategy, these strategies will help out the mobile development team for designing and developing the project. This will not be possible without communication between the executive leaders and the mid-level management of the organization. It is not just the role of the team to understand why need enterprise mobile apps, but it is equally important to communicate the mobile plans and strategies to the development and testing teams to come up with the best enterprise mobile apps. In the end, we have to simply wait and watch what new trends emerge in the market.